BUCS are looking to recognise and share the successes of workforce volunteers within Women’s Higher Education Football and Futsal.
In 2018, 8 students and alumni were successful in becoming our HE Heroes. To see the profiles from last year, please click here.
• Raise the profile of the women’s football workforce through sharing engaging stories and experiences.
• Recognise the student workforce volunteers who make an outstanding contribution within their institution.
• Work with external partners and institutions to support in promoting workforce profiles.
Who are we looking for?
• Do you know someone who is passionate and committed to the growth of Women’s Football?
• Have they made a positive impact on Women’s Football at your institution?
• Have they gone above and beyond their role and exceeded expectation?
• Do they act as a positive role model to their peers and the people they work with?
• Have they made a significant or exceptional contribution to women’s football within, or external to, their institution?
NB. Please note, this is for men or women working in the Women’s or Girls’ game.Criteria
• Demonstrates outstanding achievement, commitment and dedication to their role, project, programme or institution.
• Shows commitment and motivation to develop the women’s game.
• Proactive and regularly engaged in activities and events which promote and develop women’s football.
• Promote best practice in their role, project or programme.
• Have gone above and beyond expectations in performing their role.
• Demonstrate outstanding conduct and professionalism.
• Promoted inclusion by integrating BAME/LGBT communities into their projects.
• Has created positive relationships both internally and in the external community to broaden the network.
How will we reward successful nominees?
• Each successful HE Hero will be interviewed and profiled to raise awareness of their outstanding work in the women’s and girls’ game. This may include video content.
• All HE Heroes will receive a certificate recognising their work, with potential of winning an individual award for exceptional individuals.
• Two tickets to the SSE Women’s FA Cup Final on Saturday 4 May 2019.
Deadline for Submission: Please send completed nomination forms to Nicki Russell by 12pm on Friday 15 March 2019.